How to track source / location of chat visitors on Google Analytics?
By integrating Google Analytics and HappyFox Chat, you can track events like Chat window opened, Chat started, Agent joined, Triggered Chat and Offline message sent.
If you have not enabled Google Analytics on your HappyFox Chat account, kindly follow the steps explained here.
With these events being tracked, you can trace how many visitors came from a particular UTM Source / Medium or a Geolocation and started a chat with you.
To track the UTM source of visitors who started a chat,
- On your Google Analytics account, go to Behaviour → Events → Top Events.
- Click HappyFox Chat under Event Category list → Click Advanced → Across event action type Chat Started and hit Apply.
- Now click the drop-down menu under Event Action → select Source / Medium.
To track the geolocations of the visitors who started a chat,
- On your Google Analytics account, go to Behaviour → Events → Top Events
- Choose HappyFox Chat under the Event Category list → Click Advanced → Across event action Type “Chat Started” → Click Apply.
- Click the drop-down menu under Event Action → select Country.
With this event filters ON, you can directly add it to your reporting dashboard by just clicking on Add to dashboard option mentioned on the menu bar on the top.