Send files over chat feature is available on all plans. Following are the supported file formats:
- Documents: PDF, TXT, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPS, PPT, PPSX, PPTX
- Images: PNG, JPG, GIF, BMP
- Audio: OGG, WAV, MP3
- Video: MP4, AVI
How can a visitors share files during chat?
Click on the 'Attach Files' button located below the text box in the visitor widget.
They can either drag and drop files or just click to open the File Chooser dialog.
After successful file upload, filename and thumbnail of the file will be shown both in the chat widget as well the as agent dashboard.
How can agents share files during the chat?
In the agent chat window, click on the arrow next to the text box and select command. Inside the commands, click on the 'attachFiles' option. [OR] Type the command "!attachFiles" in the chat area and hit enter.
You can either drag and drop the files or click to open the File Chooser dialog.
- The maximum number of files that can be shared at once is 5.
- Maximum size of a file that can be shared is 5MB
- If there is any problem during the file upload or network glitch, the file uploading process will be aborted and you need to upload all the files again