The triggered chats feature enables you to send automated popup messages to your web visitors based on predefined conditions.
Only the Admin of the account can manage Triggered Chats.
Triggered chats work only when agents are available to chat.
This feature is enabled by default and is available across all the plans.
How to set up Triggered Chats?
1. Log in to your Chat account.
2. Click on Triggered Chats from the main menu.
3. Click on the '+ Add' Button to add a new triggered chat.
Note: You can create Triggered Chats for each profile, if you have set up multiple widget profiles just by clicking the drop-down menu.
4. Set a Trigger name >> Choose the preferred conditions to be met for the triggered chat to pop up on your website >> Click Next.
You can trigger the automated messages for any/all of the conditions,
- when a visitor stays on the site for 'n' number of seconds
- when a visitor is on a specific URL
- when a visitor is a first-time/repeat visitor
- when a visitor is from a specific country/state/city
- when a visitor matches certain conditions of Custom fields
a. You can also set the triggered chat based on the geolocation of your visitor using the city/state/country condition. Though its case insensitive, ensure to enter the proper name of the city (with proper spacing) for it to work.
b. Also, you can set the custom fields under the condition if you've set Custom fields for your account.
4. You can customize the triggered chat message.
5. Choose the Department to which these chats should be routed when a visitor replies to a triggered chat.
6. If you prefer to show the automated trigger popup without sound, you have the option to mute the sound notification.
7. Once you are done with all settings, click "Save Trigger"
Note: You can linkify the URL by simply entering the URL along with the message.
Preview the power of the triggered chat:
If the preconditions are met, the triggered chat will pop up with a sound notification on your website to the customer. Triggered Chat functionality is compatible with your mobile site too.
- All agents will receive notifications when the customer replies to the triggered chat. You can route replies to the triggered chats to a specific department/agent.
- Customers can reply to this triggered chat without entering their details like Name, email, and/or phone. You can request customer details during an ongoing chat - here.
- For signed-in customers, you can preset their name and email id. Details here - link.
How to delete/disable triggered chat?
1. Click the delete icon on the preferred triggered chat tile.
2. To disable the triggered chat setup, click on the triggered chat tile and toggle of the 'Active' option. Click 'Next' and 'Save Trigger'.