You can now configure your chat account with Two-Factor Authentication to provide additional security.
All user on the chat account will have access to this feature.
The feature is available on all the plans.
We support any TOTP-based Authenticator app, such as Google Authenticator, Authy, etc., However, we recommend the Google Authenticator app. D
Download either one of the apps on your mobile phone and proceed with the set up steps below.
Steps to enable Two-Factor Authentication:
1. Log in to your HappyFox Chat account.
2. Go to Edit profile >> Click Two-Factor Authentication >> Click on the arrow.
If SSO is enabled, this feature will not be displayed for agents.
Admins will be able view this feature.
3. Scan the QR code using the Authenticator app >> Enter the six digit verification code
4. Once you click Enable Two-Factor Authentication button, you will be provided with backup codes. Save it to a clipboard or keep a printed copy.
Authentication on the login page:
After entering the email id and password, clicking log in button will redirect you to the verification code page:
On clicking log in, you will be prompted for a 6-digit verification code. Open the Google Authenticator app on your mobile and enter code displayed in the app.
Disable/Reconfigure Two-Factor Authentication:
Go to Edit profile, click disable or reconfigure option as per your preference.
Note: Agents will not see the disable option if the Enforce Two-Factor Authentication is enabled on the account.
What if both 'SSO' and 'Enforce Two-Factor Authentication' are enabled?
1. If the "Enforce Two-Factor Authentication" feature is enabled while SSO is enabled, the current session is not affected.
2. If Single Sign-On is enabled, the app overrides Two-Factor Authentication enforcement.
3. Users will be logged out after 7 days from the time of enforcing Two-Factor Authentication and they can log in using the log-in credentials.