Shopify is a leading e-commerce platform that enables businesses of all sizes to create, manage, and operate online stores. As businesses expand and engage with a growing number of customers, streamlining customer support becomes vital. This is where the integration between HappyFox Help Desk comes into play. The HappyFox Chat - Shopify integration allows agents to view the Shopify customer information, past shopify order history as well as their current items in the Shopify cart right within a HappyFox chat.
Only agents with the Manage App integrations Permissions enabled will be able to setup the integration in HappyFox Chat.
This integration is available on all plans.
HappyFox Chat - Shopify integration Setup
There are two key steps to configure and enable the Shopify integration with HappyFox
- Create and Install a Custom App in your Shopify Account
- Configure the Shopify account in HappyFox Chat Account
Step 1: Create and Install a Custom App in your Shopify account
Follow the steps explained below to create a custom app within your Shopify account
1. Log into your Shopify account
2. Navigate to Settings > Apps and sales channels from the left navigation pane.
Note: You will need the below permissions in order to access these settings in your Shopify account.
View apps developed by staff and collaborators
Enable app development
Manage and install apps and channels
Approve app changes
3. Click on Developer Apps button (at the top).
4. Click on Create an App button.
Provide the App Name and select an App Developer from the dropdown provided and then Click on Create App button.
5. Click on Configure Admin API Scopes
Under Select your access scopes to get started you need to configure the API access scopes for the newly created app.
6. Configuring the required Admin API Scopes
Under the Customers section, select the following scope
Once the Shopify Integration Setup is done, this will allow your HappyFox Chat application to View Customers, Customer Addresses, Order history, and Customer groups within the chat.
Under the Orders section, select the following scope
Once the Shopify Integration Setup is done, this will allow your HappyFox Chat application to View or manage orders, transactions, fulfillments and abandoned checkouts within the chat.
Under the Products section, select the following scope
Once the Shopify Integration Setup is done, this will allow your HappyFox Chat application to View or manage products, variants and collections within the chat.
Under the Script tags section, select the following scope(s)
Under the Shipping section, select the following scope
Once the Shopify Integration Setup is done, this will allow your HappyFox Chat application to View or manage shipping carriers, countries and provinces within the chat.
7. Click on the Save button to save the settings.
8. Then, Click on Install App. A Confirmation popover will be displayed, provide your confirmation by clicking on Install.
9. Click on Reveal Token Once and Copy the Admin API access token.
- You can view the Access Token only once (because it provides authenticated Admin API access to your Shopify account) so please make sure you have this information pasted safely in a text file locally.
- This access token is required to complete the Shopify integration Setup in HappyFox.
- This token should be configured within HappyFox Chat to authenticate the API requests to fetch Customer ,Order, Purchase and Shipping information from your Shopify account.
Step 2: Configure the Shopify account in HappyFox Chat
1. Login into your HappyFox Help Chat account and navigate to Main Menu > Apps > E-commerce > Shopify.
2. Click on Install button below the Shopify Logo.
3. Authorize the integration by providing the following details under Connect your store
3.1. Enter your account name: Please enter your Shopify Store - Account Name here.
For Example if your store URL is https://acmeproducts.myshopify.com then just enter ‘acmeproducts’ in this field.
3.2. Access Token: Paste the Access Token of the Custom App you generated from your Shopify account here.
4. Click on Connect to connect your Shopify store to the chat account.
5. The Shopify Integration setup with HappyFox Help Chat is complete, you can update the store settings for your account by enabling the required toggles under Settings and click Update Settings.
Viewing Shopify Orders and Cart Information of the customer in the chat window
Viewing Shopify Order ID and billing, payment and shipping details of the customer in the chat window
Viewing the complete Shopify order history of the customer in the chat window
Viewing the current items in the customer's Shopify cart in the chat window